Who We AreInformation About Us
Fort Caroline Baptist Academy Fort Caroline Baptist Academy is a faith-based preschool that offers a half-day program for ages two, three and four years old children with the option for attending either 2, 3 or 5 days per week to our two and three year old children.
Children must be the age of the program enrolled in on or before September 1st. Our VPK students attend either 3 days or 5 days per week. All students may stay for the optional “lunch bunch” program until 2 p.m.
FCBA is open from mid-August – May 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. daily. We are located at 11428 McCormick Road, Jacksonville, FL 32225
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
The mission of Fort Caroline Baptist Academy is to provide a secure, loving and disciplined environment where children can grow to their greatest potential. We desire to help all children regardless of family, religious or ethnic background to know God’s love.
Our Philosophy of Early Childhood Education
We will provide them with an excellent academic program from a biblical perspective that will equip them for the next step in life.
- Learning by hands on experiences in centers throughout their classroom.
- Experiencing foundational truths of the Christian faith in an age appropriate manner.
- Working with paints, clay, crayons, blocks and other manipulative materials.
- Visiting with community helpers.
- Enjoying stories, poetry, dramatization, and books.
- Learning to share, taking turns, planning work, thinking and reasoning as he or she works and plays with others.
- Learning to respond rhythmically to music, singing new songs and listening to different kinds of music and enjoying movement to music.
- Acquiring good health and hygiene habits.
- Exploring letters, numbers, math concepts, language arts, science activities, and social studies all within a developmentally appropriate atmosphere.
FCBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin. We must have a copy of your child’s original immunization form, Student Health Exam Form, and a Parent Contract on file in the Academy office prior to your child attending classes.
From Our Director
Thank you so much for the opportunity to stand with you in your journey of parenting. I can’t think of another task in life that is both a wonderful privilege and an awesome responsibility. The gift of life is truly sacred, and at Fort Caroline Baptist Academy, we approach your choice of us with that level of trust.
We recognize that you have many options for your child’s education in our community. We value your confidence in us and want to assure you that we will endeavor to live up to it. Our tradition in providing quality, Christian education is a strong one, and we take great pride in it.
As you have looked to us for your child’s educational needs, I would invite you also to give prayerful consideration to exploring the possibilities of our larger church’s ministry to your family. If you’re not already involved in a local community of faith, we want you to know that we have a place for everyone in your family here at Ft. Caroline Baptist.
Thank you again for choosing Ft. Caroline Baptist Academy. We look forward to the days ahead and the opportunities we will have to partner together in your child’s physical, mental, emotional and spiritual development. Don’t hesitate to let us know how better we can serve you in these respects.
The Wee Learn curriculum offers cognitive challenges to young children exposed to their framework through individually and age appropriate practices. The Wee Learn curriculum is solidified on its base of concrete experience and focuses on relationships, communication, and exploration of the environment.
The curriculum is thoughtfully planned, comprehensive, cohesive and integrated across domains of learning and development.
The Wee Learn curriculum provides systematic learning opportunities in language and early literacy, mathematics, science, social studies and the arts, physical development, and personal and social development.
The curriculum is relevant to children’s everyday experiences and highlights the importance of the family’s role in linking a child’s early experiences to the world around them.
Our VPK program provides an environment of learning through play and teacher directed activities.
- Monday – Friday classes, 8:30 am until 11:45
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 8:30 until 1:30.
Lunch Bunch is available until 2 p.m. at a charge to parents. Ask for details.
The VPK program is FREE for eligible children, regardless of family income. The Coalition or its designee shall determine the eligibility of children for enrollment in the VPK program and shall issue to each eligible child a Certificate of Eligibility (Form AWI-VPK 02) Early Learning Coalition of Duval at 6500 Bowden Rd #290, Jacksonville, FL 32216. Tel No. 904-208-2044. Website http://www.elcofduval.org
- Parents must schedule a tour prior to enrolling (Please bring the child with you)
- VPK students must bring a certificate of eligibility obtained from the Early Learning Coalition of Duval.
- Classes are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- FCBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic or religious origin.
- Available to our preschool classes and 5-day VPK classes. It runs from the end of the school day until 2 p.m.
- Lunch bunch program will not begin until the 1st school day in September.
- A $50 Registration fee is required to enroll in the lunch bunch program; this is required for all children using this program both those in regular stay and occasional daily stay.
- Parents agree to provide a healthy lunch adhering to our nut free policies.
- To attend lunch bunch, you must be in school by 8:40 a.m. that day.
Occasional Stay fee is $25 per day – Please call ahead to see if space if available.
- 5 days per week $200 per month
- 4 days per week $180 per month
- 3 days per week $160 per month
- 2 days per week $140 per month
- 1 day per week $100 per month